Spicy Chorizo Meatloaf
Had a few requests for this recipe after posting a photo earlier in the week. This meatloaf is super-easy, quick and very tasty. Perfect with some mashed potato and greens for a winter night in.
- 500g pork mince
- 100g Chorizo (I put about half a ‘ring’ in)
- 100g breadcrumbs (I used shop-bought ones and it worked fine)
- 1 onion (I went red)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper as needed. I probably used about teaspoon of each.
Method (this is *easy*)
- Preheat oven to 240°C
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly
- Transfer to a loaf tin (nonstick or greased) and press down
- Cook in the oven for 20min
- Reduce heat to 180°C, cover with foil and cook for another 30min
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a serving dish.
And that’s it! You could even mix things up by using stuffing mix packets of different flavours – maybe omitting the chorizo and adding a sage and onion flavour pack? Or perhaps add some sun-dried tomatoes? Let me know how it works for you!